Bladder Stones in Dogs?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Melody, May 27, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

My sister's dog has had a UTI for a few weeks. The antibiotics don't seem to be working. The Vet has recommended an ultrasound on Tuesday to see if there is an underlying cause. She suspects bladder stones.

I didn't know the bladder could get stones! Has anyone had experience with this condition in your dog? If so, what was the treatment and how long did it take for your dog to recover?

Melody, May 27, 2012
  2. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

I am also not aware that dogs can get such health condition or illness.
    I have not experienced having a dog with UTI.
    Is coconut water safe for dogs? If yes, maybe that could help since it could help people get rid of stones.

zararina, May 29, 2012
  3. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Zararina, they can get UTIs just like humans. It's more common in older dogs. Sierra had three UTIs in the last 2 years of her life.

I have good news. My sister's dog does not have bladder stones. They found some inflammation during the ultrasound, but nothing else. She's been put on Baytril to kill off the infection. She'll be on that a few weeks. Hopefully, it will work this time. She's already been through one round of antibiotics.

Melody, May 30, 2012
Ask a Question