Best Food for a Greyhound

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Yiddo, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Yiddo

Yiddo Member

My greyhound has a lot of issues eating food. A lot of foods we've tried he just poos out very runny and/or makes him sick.

Suggestions?

Yiddo, Apr 22, 2013
  2. Yiddo

MzMonka Well-Known Member

Greyhounds are usually high energy dogs so I would suggest something with a higher level of protein. I feed Diamond Hi-Energy and my dogs do well on it. I am not sure what you are feeding now so I am only guessing. Sounds like it has too much fat in it which might be why he is getting the runs or it is bothering his stomach. I did have one that couldn't have a lot of protein but when I switched him to raw he had no issues. I introduced it slowly and actually would mix small amount in with rice until I was able to totally switch the dog over. For his upset stomach I would give him some rice with a small amount of cooked chicken in it. Someone might have some other suggestions. Hope your boy feels better.

MzMonka, Apr 22, 2013
  3. Yiddo

Yiddo Member

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, I'm going to take into account what you've said to me.

Yiddo, Apr 23, 2013
Ask a Question