Benefits of having a dog...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by firelily99, Mar 21, 2014.

1. firelily99

firelily99 Well-Known Member

How has having a dog or dogs changed your life. Is your health - both mental and physical - better? Are you a social walker, meeting up with people or go to the dog park. What are the ways that having a dog has changed your life?

firelily99, Mar 21, 2014
  2. firelily99

Trellum Well-Known Member

I feel less stressed with dog, I mean, is nice to know you have a truly loyal friend in your dog who will not betray you or hurt you in any way. I find that mere thought so reassuring and calming. They are awesome (my two dogs), so is my cat. Having a pet is awesome, specially if they spend almost every minute of the day by your side.

Trellum, Mar 21, 2014
  3. firelily99

zararina Well-Known Member

Our dogs helped me feel happy and optimistic. As well as feel loved. :D

zararina, Mar 22, 2014
  4. firelily99

claudine Well-Known Member

Homer changed my life in many ways. Before I met him, I had been scared of dogs and I hadn't really liked animals in general. Thanks to him I walk more often and I feel more relaxed. I love taking care of him, playing with him and spending time together. I'm so used to his presence, I simply can't imagine my life without him. It's hard to believe that a few years ago, I didn't like dogs.

claudine, Mar 22, 2014
  5. firelily99

trishgl Well-Known Member

Overall I know I'm healthier now that I have a dog. In a way, I am forced to exercise in the morning and the afternoon since my dog needs to be walked. I am also calmer because I am able to pray every morning as I walk my chow. It becomes my dialogue with God time.

trishgl, Mar 22, 2014
  6. firelily99

firelily99 Well-Known Member

My dogs have always showed up in my life at a time when I was feeling down and lonely. The effects are always immediate and powerful for me, they never fail to lift my spirits and help me out of a down stage. Words cannot express what my dogs have done for me over the years.

firelily99, Apr 4, 2014
  7. firelily99

claudine Well-Known Member

There is nothing more comforting than a loving dog who starts jumping when he sees you, right?:) I feel that Homer has always been there for me. He bites me and can be pretty grumpy, but when I'm sad, he always lets me stroke him. Sometimes he just lies on my knees and it makes me feel better:)

claudine, Apr 9, 2014
Ask a Question