Balancing act

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think this dog wins the prize for holding still while food is being balanced on his head.

I hope he stayed long enough that his owner took them off for him instead of them toppling over on him. Ouch.

Jessi, Oct 1, 2012
  2. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

This is impossible, isn't it photoshop? Or this dog is really - really - very calm. My Homer would bite me if I tried to put anything on his head:p .

claudine, Oct 2, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Well it's possible that this particular one is photoshopped, but it doesn't look like it. And doing this is somewhat popular at the moment because of this blog:

http://foodonmydog.com/

They put all sorts of food on their dog's head and he waits patiently until they take the picture and remove it. He does get treats for his "trick," too.

Jessi, Oct 2, 2012
  4. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Either this dog is well trained to do this, or its photo shop. I could never see either of my dogs being so patient as to let me balance on thing on their head. That's not to say this isn't real, some dogs are trained to do such tricks. If this is indeed the case, I have to hand it to their owner.

pafjlh, Oct 2, 2012
  5. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

I remember that dog. The last time I saw her, she was balancing a glass of green beer to celebrate the leprechaun thing. I also recall the cucumber and the pizza.

I think her name was Tiger and she lives in Florida.

haopee, Oct 3, 2012
  6. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

I'm in the disbelieving crowd. In order to do this, I would think a stick would have to be inserted in the fruit so that it would stay in place. It's difficult enough to stack fruit on top of each other let alone on someone's nose.

It seems to me that the ones in the link make more sense. And, if you notice, they are on the dogs head--the flat part.

This reminds me of Sierra. I tried very hard to train her to put a dog treat on her nose and hold it. Then, I wanted her to fling it up in the air and catch it.

She got the first part. Piece of cake. But, when she would fling it, she'd do it too hard and and the treat would fly across the room and hit the wall. It became too dangerous so we stopped doing that trick. LOL

Melody, Oct 3, 2012
  7. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Another disbeliever. Unless this dog was in The Peking Circus I think it's a photo-shopped picture. One orange maybe. Three Mmm!

argon_0, Oct 3, 2012
  8. Jessi

pilot2fly Well-Known Member

That's quite a feat. It could be real. You never know what you can train a dog to do.

pilot2fly, Oct 3, 2012
  9. Jessi

Nick87 Well-Known Member

Ahah wow, I never knew this site existed. I think one of my dogs would be patient enough to do this...but the other one would snatch it off his head while he's trying to patiently balance the food.

Nick87, Oct 7, 2012
  10. Jessi

Kam4pups Member

Real talented dog, amazing seeing him balancing three oranges on the head. I think this is the first photo I've seen, where a dog was balancing more than one thing on the head.

Kam4pups, Dec 10, 2012
  11. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Same here. I did have a dog many years ago that we were training. He was to the point where you could put food right in front of him and he wouldn't touch it until he was told to. I think that he continued to work with him, then he would've been able to do this. Our current one wouldn't do it at all, though.

Jessi, Dec 10, 2012
  12. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

If it's real, it was quite amazing. Very well trained dog and I hope the dog will get a really great reward for that. ;)

zararina, Dec 10, 2012
  13. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Here's another balancing act. You can see that this one moved/blinked, too, so I'm not sure how likely it is that it's photoshopped.

[​IMG]

What do you think? Real?

Jessi, Jan 13, 2013
  14. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

If it's real, I feel very sorry for him, I bet he dreams about eating these treats:p . I hope he got some of them:)

claudine, Jan 13, 2013
  15. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh surely he did! I can't imagine a dog behaving so well with a trick and then not be treated after. That's usually how they train them, so I can only hope that he would get at least one of them.

Jessi, Jan 14, 2013
  16. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

If it is real I don't think it's a good thing to put a dog through this kind of circus act.It would be not good for it's eyesight for a start let alone the stress put on it's body from the number of times it needed to be done.
    My vote... Well I'll go for Photoshop.

argon_0, Jan 14, 2013
  17. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

I am not sure if it's real or not. Since it's a very short video, the dog might have only held it for 3-4 seconds. If it is real, there is wire or something in between each piece holding it all together. It may even be tied to the dogs jaw using clear plastic wire which we can't see.

Doesn't seem real to me. Of course, I've never had a dog who would balance even one treat on their nose without getting spastic.

Melody, Jan 14, 2013
Ask a Question