Automatic feeders

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Pocs, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

I don't use the automatic feeders. I like to control how much my dogs eat. Having a never ending supply of dog food can led to dog obesity and other health risks. I don't really like the water feeders either. I give my dogs clean water several times a day. If it sits for too long I dump it out and give them fresh. Animals can develop unhealthy feeding habits just like humans. Important to maintain a regular balance to keep them healthy, happy and fit.

What are your thoughts on automatic feeders?

Pocs, Sep 4, 2012
  2. Pocs

claudine Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to have an automatic feeder. It just seems so cold to me - I love to pet my dog after he ate, ask him if he liked it - it may sounds silly, but it's very nice. I also love to wach him while he is eating because he eats so funny. Every meal is a celebration:p

claudine, Sep 5, 2012
  3. Pocs

s120450 Member

I use an automatic when they are young/training or I'm gone for a while. An automatic feeder tells them that food will always be there, that way they aren't taking their food and burying it to save for later. If they eat to much, then that means more exercise or back to bowls for them.

s120450, Sep 5, 2012
  4. Pocs

Jessi Well-Known Member

So the automatic feeders you're talking about.... They're the ones that will put out how ever much food the dog wants then? I was thinking of the ones that only let out a specific amount, but do it automatically at specific times.

Jessi, Sep 5, 2012
Ask a Question