Anyone know where I can get a heat reflecting dog blanket?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, May 11, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I bought a blanket for my elderly dog about 8 years ago because of her arthritis. It's a soft blanket with a paw print pattern. It has something in between the layers that reflects body heat to make a dog or cat warm. The good thing about it is it does not need to be plugged in. The material inside keeps the pet warm.

Naturally, the dog hated it. She didn't like being warm evidently! Misha took over the blanket immediately. She's the type of dog that wants to be warm when it's 100 degrees.

The blanket is starting to get a bit frayed. I'm afraid one of these days when it goes in the washer it isn't going to come out in one piece.

I've been searching online, in catalogs, and at the pet store, but have not found anything similar for a reasonable price. I know they make similar blankets for people for emergency kits, but those are much larger than this one.

Has anyone come across a blanket like the one I mentioned? I'd really like to replace it before this one falls apart. Misha will be distraught when she loses her favorite blanket.

Melody, May 11, 2012
Ask a Question