Any suggestion for a highly durable toy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Andrea Smith, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Andrea Smith

Andrea Smith Member

My Akitas are heavy chewers the reason why I need to replace there toys from time to time. It is getting harder to stop them from doing such act, can you guys suggest me a highly durable toy?

Andrea Smith, Mar 9, 2017
    Eliana and George & Theo like this.
  2. Andrea Smith

George & Theo Member

For us, the tennis ball ones are pretty good with the larger balls. Haven't tired but the Chewy Black tire one looks might it might hold up well. Some of the frisbee's stand u well, at least the yellow ones do. The red ones don't Need some made form nylon car tire material... Big knotted ropes hold up well. We live in the woods so lots of sticks keep them going. We clean of our horse riding trails and Theo makes it interesting . He thinks every stick we toss off the trail he should get and bring back...Takes awhile..LOL

George & Theo, Mar 10, 2017
    Andrea Smith likes this.
  3. Andrea Smith

Andrea Smith Member

Thank you for your suggestion, I will list them down. I have tried using tennis balls but my boyfriend got mad, I will have some research on the Chewy Black Tire to see if it will work. Wooden sticks are also good alternative.

Andrea Smith, Mar 10, 2017
    George & Theo likes this.
  4. Andrea Smith

steph Member

I have a pitbull that can destroy almost every toy. The only thing that has lasted over 2 weeks is the Nylabone.

steph, Mar 13, 2017
    Andrea Smith likes this.
  5. Andrea Smith

Andrea Smith Member

I will look for this one on the dog toy section thanks for the suggestion, I really hope that this will work. It really is hard to stop my babies on chewing some stuff at home one of my friend actually told me to catch their attention by feeding them some treats and somehow it works.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
    Andrea Smith, Mar 15, 2017
  6. Andrea Smith

mkhtk79 Member

Our dogs love to chew. The kong is an amazing toy that lasts forever and can be stuffed with treats. We've also been giving them root chews which are actually real roots of trees. They are hard but not hard enough to damage their teeth. Plus they are all natural and last quite a long time especially the really big ones. The pooches love them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2020
    mkhtk79, Mar 29, 2020
Ask a Question