Any home remedies for dog nose injury?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Melody, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

My sister's dog has managed to injure her nose! They got new dog treats which they put in her treat ball. She was so excited about these new treats that she would roll her treat ball around, pushing it with her nose, for 30 minutes to an hour. They didn't realize for a couple of days that something was wrong with her nose. Now the black part of her nose is chaffed, cracked, and bleeding in spots. I guess she was rubbing it against the bumps in the ball too much!

My sister put some polysporin on it last night, which the dog seemed to tolerate. Amazingly, she did not lick it off! I was wondering if anyone ever experienced this type of injury with their dog. If so, did you find any home remedies or something made specifically for dogs to help it heal?

For now, the treat ball has been put away so that she won't rub it anymore. If it gets worse, she'll be taking her in to the vets.

Melody, Feb 19, 2013
Ask a Question