Anti-Rabies Shots

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by haopee, Apr 23, 2013.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

It's the time of the year where anti-rabies shots are being given out free for residents of our city. For a mandatory city registration that's over a dollar, we get free anti-rabies shots to get our dogs vaccinated with.

Question, does your city host programs such as these? If so, do you take the time to avail it?

haopee, Apr 23, 2013
  2. haopee

schizophreniatype Well-Known Member

Hello Haopee, in my city there are some organisations which organize dog events or provide free vaccinations or check ups however they do not provide anti-rabies shots- I think it is an important step that pet organizations should not miss. Point to be noted!

schizophreniatype, Apr 23, 2013
  3. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

As far as I know, my city doesn't host programs like this - at least not often. Fortunately anti-rabies shots aren't expensive at all so it's not a problem for me:)
    But, in general, I think that anti-rabies shots should always be available for free because it's a very dangerous disease.

claudine, Apr 24, 2013
  4. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes, our city also have such program but not for the past two years (or I am not just aware what exactly the date and place if they changed those details :p)
    I had availed such free vaccines fro our dogs before.

zararina, Apr 24, 2013
  5. haopee

MzMonka Well-Known Member

My town has a program like this also. Once a year they do it but there is talk of doing it twice a year because so many people show up. If it is getting really late and you are in line they give you a voucher to go to the vet that is giving the rabies vaccine and you can get them done in the office without the cost of an office visit. Its a nifty program and most of the shows my dogs go to there is free rabies vaccinations and micro-chipping.

MzMonka, Apr 25, 2013
  6. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

Wow, really?

I've never even heard of a program like that, much less been able to participate. I think it's a great idea. Shots can be so expensive. :(

Jessi, May 1, 2013
  7. haopee

trishgl Well-Known Member

In our city we do have free shots for neighborhood dogs. The problem is they usually have a set date and time for them and usually we can't go. I do commend our city officials for having these vaccination days though. It helps keep the neighborhood dogs healthier and in the event they bite less worry for the pet owner and the unfortunate person the dog bit.

trishgl, May 2, 2013
Ask a Question