Another happy ending

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I stumbled across this sweet story last night, I felt compelled to share it with all you. I'm so glad there still are some people with a good heart out there :)

[​IMG]

Trellum, Jun 4, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  2. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I love these stories! Seriously, the idea of these animals suffering, and being afraid, feeling abandoned by the ones they love and trust and not knowing why, or never having been loved to begin with depresses me so bad. I think about my pups and how sad they would be and know I could never live with myself if I did that to them. So when these stories pop up here and there it changes my mood for the rest of the day. So, my day has drastically improved just because you posted this. So, thank you!!!

LilAnn, Jun 4, 2015
  3. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

This is a very heartwarming story:) I'm so happy for Lucy! It's wonderful that she found a loving home. Every dog deserves it. I can't believe that someone abandoned her. Some people are monsters!

claudine, Jun 5, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  4. Trellum

This happens more often than you'd think, Claudine. In America there is a huge problems with feral cats and dogs for this reason, a lot people abandoning their pets :( Some jerks abandon thier longtime companions justr because they got old :( I've read a lot stories about that, people dropping their senior companion at a shelter...

Trellum, Jun 5, 2015
  5. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Im not a pet nazi or anything like that, but if someone abandoned their child like that they would go to jail. I can't figure out why animal cruelty is expanded to cover that.

LilAnn, Jun 5, 2015
  6. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

It's horrible when you don't treat them any better than a tooth brush. I would love the opportunity to lock them up and watch the people they love walk away, with no looking back.

LilAnn, Jun 5, 2015
  7. Trellum

I'm so very glad to hear this made your day :) I can tell you are a person with a good heart, because you have enough sensibility to appreciate this kind of stories and connect them somehow to your own reality. I'm so glad that is the case :) I also feel so much better my girl is safe at home with me. She will be with me no matter where I go, no matter how old she gets, I'll be by her side until she or I die.

Trellum, Jun 5, 2015
  8. Trellum

Yeah, same here. I personally find it even more infuriating when the person abandoning the dog is doing it because the dog is either sick or too old. Not so long I read about a poor yellow lab abandoned by his family. They dropped him at the shelter, saying they were moving to a new place where pets are not allowed... RIGHT. The workers at the shelter know that lie so well.

Trellum, Jun 5, 2015
  9. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I wouldn't send my dog away anymore then I would another family member. I owe them at least that much for being loyal and loving. The 2 youngest, little Ann and buster, like to wake me up with kisses. Buster just does a quick dab on my nose or cheek. He's never been a big kisser, so it makes me feel special when he gives them to me. Little Ann pretty much tries to drown me or suffocate me with her kisses. I'll wake up because I can't breath. She'll have her front legs on my neck, and lay there licking. You would think I used a tuna fish face mask.

LilAnn, Jun 5, 2015
  10. Trellum

Hehehehe! That sounds like a nice wasy to wake up :) So love filled! My mom says dogs are more grateful than most humans and that I have found to be true. My dog has been there when no one else was, so I understand how you feel about your boys and girls :) Pure love!

Trellum, Jun 6, 2015
  11. Trellum

My thoughts exactly. People like this make me so very angry. Nothing justifies animal cruelty. Abandoning a dog, especially an old and sick one, is unforgivable!:(

claudine, Jun 8, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  12. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

You make a promise when you get a dog. You promised to take care of them. They're going to be loyal and love you unconditionally. When you get a pet you promise to try to earn it. It takes a certain kind of person to do this to an animal. I think it's BS that you don't face jail time, just like you would if it did that to your elderly parents, or your 5 year old kid.

I feel very passionately about this. If someone can't accept that their dog is a living creature with feelings they should never be allowed to get a pet.

LilAnn, Jun 8, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  13. Trellum

LilAnn, I couldn't agree more. People who hurt or abandon their dogs should be locked in jail. Dogs are like children. They need to be loved and taken care of. It's a great responsibility. They aren't toys. You can't throw them away when they start boring you.

claudine, Jun 10, 2015
  14. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

amen to that! They're treated like theyre property and disposable.

LilAnn, Jun 11, 2015
Ask a Question