Afternoon snacks

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Corzhens, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

We feed our dogs 3 times a day - breakfast, lunch, dinner. But last year, we started giving them snacks, sometimes treats and oftentimes sweet bread. But later on, we would fry sweet potatoes for their mid afternoon snack. It was many months we have been giving them such snack and we only stopped when Barbie, our youngest dog, had vomitted and wouldn't eat dinner. On the next day, she was okay. Our suspicion was indigestion from the sweet potato.

Are you giving your dog snacks regularly?

Corzhens, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Corzhens

claudine Well-Known Member

Yes:) Homer loves snacks and I like seeing him happy.
    Usually, we give him carrot slices, because they're healthy and tasty. He also snacks on other vegetables and pieces of bread.

claudine, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Corzhens

Pippin Member

I don't have fixed meal schedules for my dogs, I let them eat when they want. I live a pretty open life, and because of that, my dogs do the same. I don't see the need for making them eat at certain times, there is no pattern when it comes down to nature.

I give them snacks when I want, and sometimes I know when they are asking for it, so I'll do it then when I have the chance. I'll give them different types of food, not just dog food.

Pippin, Aug 10, 2016
Ask a Question