A very unlikely friendship!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, May 30, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Just look at this guys! Now this is what I call a super unlikely friendship! I didn't know if to be scared for the little dog when i first saw the picture (before reading the text, of course) or be angry at whoever was taking thew pic. A very beautiful story :) Just amazing!

[​IMG]

Trellum, May 30, 2015
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Wow, this really is an unusual friendship! But it doesn't change the fact that they look super cute together. I'm very happy for them:) I especially like the last picture:)
    My Homer would try to bite this lion, he hates animals that are bigger than him:confused:

claudine, Jun 2, 2015
  3. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

That is such a happy story!! I love it! I always see stories about the one dog who won't leave the side of its dead friend. Or finding its owner's grave. The fact is all those dogs are sad and it breaks my heart. It's about time for a happy story

LilAnn, Jun 2, 2015
  4. Trellum

I love that kind of stories as well, LilAnn, but I think this one is even more special than your average ''happy doggy story'', because well... look at that lion! I love it! I think this goes to show true friendship can truly be found everywhere, specially if you really want to.

Trellum, Jun 3, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  5. Trellum

Hhahaha, yes, that Homer is such a character ;) I agree with you, it's a really unusual friendship, but that is what makes it even more special. It's really amazing how friendship can happen everywhere, as long as there are willing souls willing to accept it :)

Trellum, Jun 3, 2015
  6. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I like big dogs. My parents had a couple of little ones when I was a child, but that's it. But I love the way little dogs will warm up to anyone or anything. My dogs will warm up to people, but absolutely will not warm up to any other species. A horse can kick them in the head, and they're still going to go after the horse's hooves.

LilAnn, Jun 3, 2015
  7. Trellum

I have never owned big dogs, only medium. But I can imagine the charm of a big dog! Big dogs have certain energy small and medium ones don't. I personally find small dogs to be a bit nervious, while medium ones are very easy going. I think my Frida just doesn't care about other species, lol.

Trellum, Jun 4, 2015
  8. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

What breed is Frida?

LilAnn, Jun 4, 2015
  9. Trellum

Frida is a standard schnauzer :) She is only interested in rats :p But she diesn't seem to care about bigger animals, she is actually super calm! Calmest dog I have ever had, even as a puppy her favorite hobby was lying down on the floor. LOL. When I let her out she started snifffing for ratties :) She still does that, but not much, she knows she can't catch them anyway... not while they are hiding. She is so smart, never had had a dog this smar before.

Trellum, Jun 6, 2015
  10. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

My dogs don't care about how big other animals are. I did have a pit mix that would literally piss herself while on her way to jump in my lap because a buddy (big guy with barry white voice) came in the door. This dog was bigger than any of the others.

Individually, only one of my dogs care about catching anything. Luckily, I have my 1 year old who can catch mice just as well as Kitty Kiss. And he eats them whole instead of leaving the back half in his food bowl.

I've seen them act like a pack when any animals come in the backyard. They tore a 5 foot long black snake up. It was horrible and I was so sad for that snake. My husband actually stops in the middle if the road to get snakes out of harm's way. But, that being said, watching them behave the way they did was beautiful! It was so well organized and precise.

LilAnn, Jun 6, 2015
  11. Trellum

Wow! A black snake? Are those very dangerous? I aks because where I live we have some really nasty snakes, we are in the middle of the desert practically so it's normal. I think my girl (hopefully) she'd ignore one of those colorful snakes:

[​IMG]

When you mentioned the black color i couldn't help to think of this one, I know they are not the same, but still. I had a terrible experience when I was little with a snake like that, almost got bitten! My mom saved me! Now I have this phobia to snakes in general. Your dogs were so brave! I feel for you for having to clean that mess, that kind of things make me feel a bit icky.

Trellum, Jun 7, 2015
  12. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

There wasn't much of a mess. I just threw a glove on and carried it out of the backyard. It was alive at the point but I doubt it lasted much longer. I was going to make my husband put it out of its misery, but by we got around the fence it was long gone!
    Black snakes aren't dangerous. Not this kind, anyway. But it's mouth is really dirty so if it bites you, you'll want to get to the hospital ASAP to get it cleaned, but that's about t.

LilAnn, Jun 8, 2015
  13. Trellum

Thank godness! I'd be nervious too if I live in a place where snakes could be seen often and had small children, but you got your dogs who protect you guys :D I never had an incident with a snake after that one I told you about, but if I saw one now I'd not know what to do. Garden snakes still creep me out after all.

Trellum, Jun 9, 2015
  14. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Snakes are terrifying creatures!:eek: I wonder what my Homer would do if he saw one. I don't think he'd try to attack it. Usually, when he sees something weird or scary, he just barks at it.
    Your dogs are very brave, LilAnn!

claudine, Jun 9, 2015
Ask a Question