A tale of loyalty - Six Years by its Master's Grave

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Victor Leigh, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Remember Hachiko the movie? That was based on a real-life story.

Recently another real-life story of the undying loyalty of a dog for its master has been reported. Capitan, a German Shepherd, ran away from home after its master passed away. His family looked everywhere for him but gave up in vain thinking that he had been run over by a car and died somewhere.

Then when they went to visit his master's grave, one week, later, they found Capitan right there, keeping vigil. He refused to go home. They took him back but he ran away again. Back to his master's grave. It has been six years now since Capitan has been keeping his master company. At the graveyard.

[​IMG]
    Few humans indeed can match a dog's undying loyalty. More information here:​

Victor Leigh, Sep 15, 2012
  2. Victor Leigh

claudine Well-Known Member

This made me cry. Poor dog. He misses his master probably so painfully. And for six years already! It's both wonderful and terrifying how strong dog's love might be. And the worst part is that there are so many things that we can't explain to them.

claudine, Sep 15, 2012
    shinminhee85 likes this.
  3. Victor Leigh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Its a sad story of devotion and loyalty. Its hard to get to a dog to understand about death, and its funny that this dog knows exactly where his masters grave is. Apparently he thinks he can wait there for his master and he will return to him. Like I said before sad story, its hard enough for humans to learn to move on when someone they love dies, how do we convince a dog to do so.

pafjlh, Sep 16, 2012
  4. Victor Leigh

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

It's indeed a sad story, though I'm guessing he probably followed a scent(s) from the family members visiting the grave. I'm glad the employees are feeding him and taking care of him though, I hope they have some sort of dog house or shelter for him too.

OhioTom76, Sep 17, 2012
Ask a Question