A great way to help your own causes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SweetBeast, Jan 17, 2013.

1. SweetBeast

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

I have been with Care2, as a member, for 2+ years now as it's a social site for many things, but a good part of it is to help what we believe in. The link below is to a certain area of Care2, where all one needs to do is click on a cause they care about, & a donation is made - no email addies, no money, just a few short minutes. This can be done daily.

http://www.care2.com/click-to-donate/

No pressure whatsoever, but wanted you to have the opportunity to at least check it out.

How it works in general is this; certain groups donate whatever they do, as it may be food, clean water, money, medicine, education, etc., whenever one clicks on said cause. We do the few minutes of of simply clicking & if you so desire, to link to facebook, etc. & the sponsors automatically make their donations, accordingly

At the left side of the page, you will see the various causes, breast cancer, animal rescue, oceans,children, stopping violence, wolves, etc. & simply click on the one or ones you care about, & then the next page reveals a button to have the sponosrs donate by a single click. For example, the Susan G..Komen group, for breast cancer, IFAW, DOW, the Nature Conservacy, the Jane Goodall Institute, the AHA, for humane treatment of animals, etc.

Here's a Copy & Paste of what you will see if you click on Primates:"
    how your click helps the Jane Goodall Institute

Your free click generates donations from our sponsors. You may click once a day, every day. 100% of the donations raised go directly to the Jane Goodall Institute, which runs sanctuaries in Africa where orphaned chimpanzees can be cared for and given the chance to live reasonably full lives in spacious conditions. Your click helps JGI feed these rescued primates.
    learn more

"

Just a small way in which to do something about a cause we may care about. I go down the list one by one & click & read.

Thanks for your time

http://www.care2.com/click-to-donate/

SweetBeast, Jan 17, 2013
  2. SweetBeast

shdws Well-Known Member

This is great SweetBeast! Sounds like a great way to make a difference. Has your experience with this charity been exceptional?

shdws, Jan 17, 2013
  3. SweetBeast

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

Thanks shdws, & I have never heard, or read anything bad about it & I doubt the charities listed for each, would align themselves with anything that would cripple them in the long term.

I love that site as it does allow for some much needed help, & for those with little time, it's so easy.

SweetBeast, Jan 20, 2013
Ask a Question