9 Fun Games to Play with Your Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, May 15, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

By Mikkel Becker | vetstreet.com

Throwing a ball for your dog over and over again gets boring - for you and for the dog. That is, unless you're our family's 13-year-old, blind Golden Retriever, Shakira. Her heart is set beating by the throw of a tennis ball. She turns down kibble, petting and even the tastiest treats if there's the possibility of the ball being thrown. Being blind doesn't inhibit her fetching a bit. She uses her senses of hearing, touch and smell to her advantage, hunting down the ball over long distances to find it buried in tall grass, beating out the five younger and more physically capable dogs.

Not all dogs are as focused and disciplined as Shakira, though, and play can turn boring fast. Whether you have a play-crazy canine, a distractible dog or a couch potato, there are games you can add to his play repertoire to challenge his mind and get his body moving.

Here are some fresh ideas to add to your play routine with your pooch.

More...

Trellum, May 15, 2014
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this article! I find it very interesting and inspiring. Instigating a predatory chase sounds like a lot of fun, I'm sure Homer would love to channel his inner wolf, haha :D

claudine, May 28, 2014
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I'm sure he already does ;) From the way he sounds to be like, I think your little Homer already does that and it does it good :p

Trellum, May 28, 2014
  4. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Lol, that's true! Homer is like a tiny and very cute wolf:D I wish he was less aggressive though. He isn't scared of anything and always barks at the biggest and the strongest dogs in our park. Fortunately, they tend to ignore him:p

claudine, Jan 4, 2015
  5. Trellum

wahmed Active Member

That's so helpful. Thank you so, so much for sharing such insightful things. These are great little tips. Thank you so much.

wahmed, Mar 11, 2015
Ask a Question