8 Trendiest Mixed Dog Breeds

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

By Pet360.com

[​IMG]

While we've all heard of the Labradoodle and the Cockapoo, there are a variety of equally cuddly -oodle and -poo mixes climbing the ranks as trendiest mixed breed dogs. We've compiled web search data by volume to put together a list of mixes people are most interested in to-date. See if your mutt makes the list.

Schnoodle

A cross between a Schnauzer and a Poodle, the Schnoodle has the intelligence of the Poodle and loyalty of the Schnauzer. Alert, and assertive, Schnoodles can make excellent watchdogs and loving family pets. Energetic and obedient, the Schnoodle gets along well with children and other pets and can excel in agility and other dog sports. Poodle mixes like the Schnoodle are also popular because they shed minimally. "[A reason] people give for wanting poodle crosses is to have a dog that does not shed, which most who have one say is quite nice," said Jessica Vogelsang, a practicing veterinarian in San Diego.

Cavachon

This Cavalier King Charles Spaniel-Bichon Frise mix will likely be a friendly, loving companion that sheds minimally. Affectionate and good natured, Cavachons may have a Bichon Frise's desire to be near their people and can get along well with children and other family pets. While there are a variety of theories as to why mixed breeds have become so desirable, it is unclear if mixed breeds are less prone to certain breed-specific health problems, Vogelsang said.

Cavapoo

A mix between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Poodle, Cavapoos love human companionship like their parent breeds and are often friendly to everyone, including children, dogs and other pets. Depending on which coat they inherit, the Cavapoo may require frequent brushing to keep their coat from knotting. The type of traits your mix will inherit from its parent breed isn't 50/50, so you'll want to make sure you do plenty of research on both breeds to help determine the temperament of your pet. "It's a roll of the dice with a mixed breed dog which aspects of the original breeds are going to predominate, so it can be hard to predict whether a Labradoodle would have a Labrador personality or a Poodle one," Vogelsang said. "Ideally, you would look at the dog as an individual and make your decision based on that rather than the breed characteristics."

Full article here: http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/8-trendiest-mixed-dog-breeds-152200145.html

Trellum, Mar 23, 2014
    claudine likes this.
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

They're all so adorable! I've always had a soft spot for mixed dog breeds:) Usually, they look very unique. I'd love to own a Peekapoo. They're very fluffy:

[​IMG]

Chorkies are cute too. I love how tiny they are:

[​IMG]

claudine, Mar 25, 2014
  3. Trellum

zararina Well-Known Member

So cute!!! All of those breeds are adorable. :D
    Mostly of the dogs we owned were crossbreeds.

zararina, Mar 25, 2014
  4. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Homer is my first dog, so I've never owned a crossbreed, but I heard many good things about them. My father always repeats that usually, they're very intelligent. I was also told that they're healthier than pure breeds, but I'm not sure if it's true. My Homer is very healthy:)

claudine, Apr 4, 2014
Ask a Question