7th annual dog surfing competition

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

On Saturday, June 16, 2012, dogs of all shapes and sizes competed in the 7th Annual Loews Coronado Bay Resort Surf Dog Competition in San Diego, California. In addition to the surfing competition, three Guinness World Records were set: Most amount of dogs surfing on one board at one time (more than 10 dogs), Most amount of dogs surfing on one board at one time with a human (Scott Chandler) and Most amount of dogs surfing on one board at one time with two humans (Scott and Tyler Chandler). The event is a fundraiser for animal welfare organization, ASPCA.
    From the Imperial Beach Patch, here are the winners from the three Heats.
    Heat 1: A competition for small dogs, the winner is Australian Kelpie Abbie Girl.
    Heat 2: A competition for large dogs, the winner is Golden Retriever and ASPCA Dog of the Year Ricochet.
    Heat 3: A tandem competition, the winners are Zoey, a Jack Russell Terrier and his owners Scott and Tyler Chandler.

Lots more pictures/videos/info here: http://laughingsquid.com/the-7th-annual-dog-surfing-competition-in-san-diego

Jessi, Jun 19, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  2. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Loved it. I liked the big grin on the black pooch on the back of the record dogs on a surfboard ride.It looked so happy and pleased with itself.:D

argon_0, Jun 20, 2012
  3. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

I think I had watched about it on the local news last night or the other night.
    So cute to see dogs enjoy the sea/water and amazing that they really knew how to stand on such board. ;)

zararina, Jun 20, 2012
  4. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

I've never seen or heard of this before. Dogs are incredible, aren't they? I would think they'd be terrified of the surf. Yet, they show once again that they can adapt so easily. They are having a ball!

Melody, Jun 21, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Melody, they definitely are! If they grow up around water, they often end up loving it and doing whatever their owners enjoy doing it. It's so awesome. <3

Jessi, Jun 21, 2012
  6. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think those dogs must have been going to the beach every day from the way they seem to be enjoying themselves. I am really awed by the part where so many dogs got onto just one board. Do you think if we show this video to our dogs, it might encourage them to take baths?

Victor Leigh, Jun 21, 2012
Ask a Question