111 ways to use coconut oil

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of getting coconut oil for a while, but I didn't know what else I could use it for (apart from cooking, of course). So I started searching and this is what I found! A very neat list with 111 uses for coconut oil, not bad at all, right?

Food and Drink
    1. Ideal for baking and cooking meals at high heat, like stir-frys.
    2. As a butter repalcement
    3. As a substitute of sugar or honey in your tea or coffee
    4. As an energy booster. Eat one spoonful daily for an extra energy
    5. In homemade Mayo
    6. In salad dressings
    7. As an excellent substitute for vegetable oils when cooking
    8. As an addition to smoothies to give them nutritional boost
    9. As a popcorn topping (Instead of butter)

- See more at: http://www.healthyfoodmind.com/111-ways-to-use-coconut-oil-everyday-life/#sthash.4l7GwcP3.dpuf

Trellum, Aug 15, 2015
  2. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

This is how my sister talked me into doing! I ate one spoonful daily, and about two weeks later, all the veins in my body popped up like snakes highway. This concentrated mostly around my abdomen and thighs. The veins looked as if they will burst and my skin dried out. I am definitely allergic to this coconut oil.

I now use the left over for Capone!

IcyBC, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Trellum

So sorry to hear you are allergic to coconut oil :( I personally liked the idea of using coconut oil to make my own homemade chocolate bars and also give a try to other vegan desserts using this oil. I'll definitely look into more uses for this oil. Is your boy enjoying it?

Trellum, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Well I have been thinking about if for the dogs and I guess for the cooking somewhat. Recently it was more about the dogs. As a child, coconut was used by supposedly poor people to grease the hair of their children. I love coconut flavours but I suspect for cooking you have to be very careful.

Winterybella, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Trellum

Lol, oh my... so poor people used it to grease their kids hair? To think organic coconut oil is so expensive now D: Baffling, specially after reading this kind of things. By the way, why would they want to grease their kids hair? There is nothing I dislike the most than feeling my hair is a bit greasy D:

Trellum, Aug 17, 2015
Ask a Question