11 Foods to put you in a better mood.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SallyintheValley, Feb 9, 2012.

1. SallyintheValley

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

Read an article about his....unusual list, anyone have any comments?

1. Mussels
    2. Swiss Chard
    3. Blue Potatoes
    4. Grass-fed Beef
    5. Dark Chocolate
    6. Greek Yogurt
    7. Asparagus
    8. Honey
    9. Cherry Tomatoes
    10.Eggs
    11.Coconut

I love Cherry Tomatoes, Eggs, Coconut and Honey. Dark Choc is okay.....never eat the others...maybe I should try it.

SallyintheValley, Feb 9, 2012
  2. SallyintheValley

summerRain Well-Known Member

Oh I love eating those foods too. Specially the dark chocolates. Mussels are common here in my country that is why I can cook it whenever I want.

summerRain, Feb 10, 2012
  3. SallyintheValley

zararina Well-Known Member

I also love to eat dark chocolates as I could really feel relaxed after eating some.
    I often consume eggs and coconut too since it could be used for several dishes too.

zararina, Feb 11, 2012
  4. SallyintheValley

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

1. Mussels
    Very common food where I live. I like them half-cooked. My sister likes them totally raw.

2. Swiss Chard
    Never seen one.

3. Blue Potatoes
    Only seen yellow ones.

4. Grass-fed Beef
    That's the only kind here. You mean there are cows that eat something other than grass?!

5. Dark Chocolate
    Yes.

6. Greek Yogurt
    No idea about the Greek type. We make our own here.

7. Asparagus
    Yes.

8. Honey
    Yes.

9. Cherry Tomatoes
    No idea. Are they the same color as regular tomatoes?

10.Eggs
    Yes.

11.Coconut
    It's quite impossible to eat something here without finding some part of the coconut in it.

Victor Leigh, Feb 11, 2012
  5. SallyintheValley

Trellum Well-Known Member

I definitely believe the dark chocolate part, but the mussels? Yikes! My mom keeps some dark chocolate with her at home ;) She swears it helps her feel more energetic and it's also very fulfilling. Go figure.

Trellum, Apr 17, 2015
  6. SallyintheValley

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Looks like I need to go shopping. I would really like to be put in a better mood right about now. I have only four items on the list if I can substitute the cherry tomatoes for what I consider my regular tomatoes. Right now I am getting more than my share of tomatoes from the garden. Interesting list though.

Winterybella, Apr 21, 2015
  7. SallyintheValley

Diana Smith Member

In addition to those foods that you have posted, I read in a book called "Healing Properties of Foods" that cucumbers are exceptionally good for the mood and that it acts as a natural anti-depressant. The reason that it works this way is because the cucumber skin contains a large amount of chlorophyll which is rich in oxygen. The chlorophyll will increase the serotonin levels in the brain and we all have most likely heard that high levels of serotonin are good for your mood.

I started eating a cucumber per day several years ago when I first read about it. I can say from my own experience that it really does work.

Diana Smith, Jun 17, 2015
  8. SallyintheValley

Trellum Well-Known Member

Amazing! I had no idea cucumbers had that kind of effect on us! I will try to make more salads with them! Over here we like to make cucumbers into nice drinks! I love to drink cucumber-lemon water with some sugar or honey in it. I think that is a great way to consume cucumber daily, I'd do it if it wasn't because of the sugar.

Trellum, Jun 25, 2015
Ask a Question