10 People-Pleasing Dog Breeds

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

By Kim Campbell Thornton | vetstreet.com

You know the type. They're happy. They love to greet people. And their smiling eyes and wagging tails always bring attention their way. Why wouldn't you love them back?

Certain breeds are famed for their sociable dispositions - we're going to meet some of them below - but personality varies, so don't assume that every member of a certain breed will be a good-time Charlie. Early socialization, effective training, and continuing opportunities to interact with people in many different situations and places all contribute to the development of a dog who is genuinely outgoing and approachable.

Here are our top 10 picks for personality-plus canines:

[​IMG]

Beagle - Cheerful Companion

One of the world's best-known Beagles, 2008 Westminster winner Uno, traveled the country with his handler to promote pet therapy and did meet-and-greets with aplomb. The Beagle is among the top 10 most popular breeds for good reason: He has a bigger-than-life personality and a merry nature that make him a warm and cheerful companion.

Bichon Frise - Clownish and Curious

The Bichon is a sunny-natured wag who makes friends wherever he goes. Wonderfully affectionate, he can spread love and joy to everyone he meets. Few people are immune to his clownish charm. He has a cheerful attitude toward life and can be a happy and curious companion for adults and older children.

Bulldog - True People-Pleaser

Don't let his scowling face frighten you away. The Bulldog is a friendly, easygoing people-pleaser who likes nothing better than spending time with you, whether that means roughhousing with the kids or lounging on the sofa watching television. Families with young children will find him to be patient and mellow, even with clumsy toddlers.

https://shine.yahoo.com/pets/10-people-pleasing-dog-breeds-121100832.html

Trellum, Apr 16, 2014
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm not surprised that Yorkshire Terriers aren't on this list. Most Yorkies I know aren't very friendly:p My Homer always barks at strangers and bites people whenever he's in a bad mood;) Also, he hates children.
    He's a sweet and very loving dog, but he's very independent and not patient at all.

claudine, May 1, 2014
  3. Trellum

zararina Well-Known Member

Agree that Yorkie and Beagles love to be with people or love to have companion. I think all types of dogs even those mixed breeds can be as loveable as those dogs in the list. :D

zararina, May 1, 2014
  4. Trellum

Well, Zazarina, the breed of a dog isn't everything, but some dogs DO have a tendency to be more social than others. f course there are exceptions like in everything else in this life, but I'm sure you get what I meant by this :D

Trellum, May 1, 2014
  5. Trellum

Yeah, certain dog breeds are more prone to be social, but as usual there always are some exceptions! Your Homer is obviously one of those exceptions, since he isn't very social, only with the people he knows closely :) I bet he is very friendly with the person who feeds him? My in laws cat is like that!

Trellum, May 1, 2014
Ask a Question